~ Hawaiian lomi lomi | Lymphatic Drainage | Relaxation | Pregnancy
60 min - $100, 90 min - $150
~ Sports/Deep tissue
60 min - $130, 90 min - $180,
COMBO: Sports & Lomi 2 hrs - $240
The Ultimate Detox
(Lymphatic Massage + Dry Skin Brushing + Detox Sauna)
2 hrs - $200
~ Is Now the time to take care of yourself?
Call today - 0422 269 422 or Save time, book online!
REBOOK on the day of your appointment & SAVE*:
* $10.00 off your next treatment
Hawaiian lomi lomi massage
(The Ultimate Nurturing Full body Massage Experience on a warm massage table!)
Lomi lomi, the traditional Hawaiian massage, it is an ancient form of healing massage practiced by indigenous Polynesians. As the practitioner works intuitively, a massage can be very slow and relaxing or sometimes a little faster, more lively and invigorating for the body.
The massage works by stimulating the natural flow of energy within the body in order to bring about changes in the physical, emotional and spiritual areas. There are also lot's of gentle body stretches are involved in lomi lomi massage. Stress and tension is released so that energy can flow freely once more. It is also deeply relaxing and rejuvenating.
Lomi lomi is great for:
-detoxification and waste removal
-assisting in weight loss
-improving the immune system
-stimulating lymphatic, circulatory, respiratory, digestive & nervous systems -releasing muscle tension
-improving muscle tone.
During lomi lomi massage different body areas can be massaged at the same time. This helps the client to relax completely because it is very difficult for the brain to focus on two different sectors at the same time.
Lomi lomi is the most loving, nurturing, revitalising, unique & beautiful style of massage and two massages are never identical.
It guides you to be in touch with your inner true self & beauty, love, harmony & wellness.
Why wait, dive into this beautiful journey today!
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) massage
(Detox & Relax Your Body with oil free gentle massage now, on a warm massage table!)
This Lymphatic Drainage Massage is based on the Vodder Method. MLD is a massage technique that is designed to stimulate the lymph’s circulation in order to speed up the removal of waste from the body. The Lymphatic system is responsible for removing metabolic waste, toxins, excess water and bacteria from the body; it is the premier component of the immune system. It is helpful for the nervous system as it reduces sympathetic nervous activity, allows para-sympathetic activity, stimulates the defenses of the immune system, and increases the flow and volume of the lymph fluid.
The technique involves the use of gentle, rhythmic strokes and pumping movements towards the direction of the lymph nodes on the body.
Lymphatic massage is helpful for scars, stress, cellulite, stretch marks, detoxification, chronic fatigue, weight problems, arthritis, neurological disorders, pregnancy, pain, and overall wellbeing.
The benefits of lymphatic massage include:
- relieving stress and relaxing the body
- improving circulation, in turn increasing the metabolic rate
- helping with weight loss
- reducing fluid retention
- eliminating toxins, thus aiding detoxification
- reducing cellulite fat in the body
- improving immunity
- helping with sinus congestion and allergies
- hormonal imbalances.
Relaxation/ Sports Massage
How Your Body Benefits from Massage?
Massage is becoming one of the most well known, well understood and popular complementary therapies today, and for good reason.
Physiological Massage Benefits
Massage has astrong effect on the body physically, or physiologically, and you will be surprised at just how much it can be of help to you.
Some of these benefits include:
- Improves waste removal processes in the body
- Encourages sleep, thus helping with insomnia and other sleep issues
- Helps to relieve stiff and aching joints
- Encourages lymph drainage which can help to reduce swelling
- Improves the blood circulation through the body
- Helps to encourage deeper breathing
- Improves skin tone and colour
- Relaxes and relieves sore and tired muscles
- Can either help to stimulate or sedate the nervous system
- Helps the body to relax
- Can help to limit scars forming after injuries and can also help to break down existing scar tissue
- Massage can help to release muscles that are pressing on nerves, therefore relieving pain or tingling in arms and legs
- Can improve muscle tone and balance, thus giving better support to the skeletal system
- The relaxing properties of massage can help to decrease the heart rate
- Regular massage can actually increase white blood cells, strengthening your immune system
- By relaxing the respiratory muscles, massage can improve lung capacity
- Improving and stimulating digestion
Psychological Massage Benefits
As well as the physical effects on the body, massage can also be very helpful psychologically.
Ways that you can psychologically benefit from massage include:
- Overall relaxation, which is very important for helping to reduce stress, tension, anxiety, and the effects of these
- It helps to ease the mental distress that is caused by being in pain
- Massage can help to improve your self confidence and self esteem
- It releases endorphins, which are the body's natural "feel good" chemicals, giving you a natural high
- Massage creates an overall feeling of wellbeing.
Specially trained practitioner uses a combination of Swedish and Remedial Massage techniques, to assist with the tensions and pains experienced during pregnancy. These are often caused by the extra weight and shift in the centre of gravity.
There are many physical benefits to Pregnancy Massage, in addition to the nurturing and emotional support provided by the practitioner.
Massage reduces peripheral swelling,
soothes the nervous system,
helps to prevent insomnia,
muscle cramps and back pain.
Care must be taken during the first trimester but Pregnancy Massage is beneficial throughout the whole pregnancy.
Various techniques are used as the client progresses through the pregnancy and massage may be performed whilst she is lying on her side or on a special pregnancy cushion that allows her to lie on her stomach. Once the pregnancy is advanced, she is discouraged from lying on her back as this may cause pressure on deep blood vessels.
Did you know that regular massage throughout the pregnancy is also said to shorten labour time and the return to optimal fitness after birth?
You are encouraged to schedule massage every two weeks until the third trimester, then weekly massages are recommended.
Your therapist will gently nurture you and your baby throughout your pregnancy.
The therapy of Cupping is a part of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
There are two effects with Cupping Therapy:
1. General: Purification of blood, improvement of circulatory functions, regulation and betterment of automatic nerve system.
2. Local: Removal of pain, relaxation of stiff muscles, improvement of muscle and joint movement.
Cupping stimulates the sensory nerves of the skin. Cupping is like massage effective against stress, general fatigue, chronic headaches, stiff shoulders and muscle and joint pain.
What to expect during and after Cupping:
The patient should experience a warm, pulling, stretching sensation on the skin, but not pain.
After Cupping the skin is almost always discoloured with a bruising or ring mark caused by the edge of the cup.
The extent of the bruise depends on the length of the treatment time and the strength of the suction. Normally the ring mark will disappear within a week, in some cases in a few weeks.
However if you choose a gliding Cupping treatment, then there will be no ring marks left on your skin.
You may even prefer to combine Cupping with your massage treatment to benefit more!
ABN 90 682 392 694